Thursday, October 10, 2013

Blogs, Breakers, Birds and Bakeries

Oh wow!  I can't believe that it's been four days since I've blogged.  There's a word I never knew I would use when I was learning to spell in grade school.  Blog, byte, email, upload, download, google, skype and internet.  If I had used these words when I was ten years old I would probably have been locked in some juvenile facility!  Or, I'd be a gazillionaire now.

Anyway, here we are.  It's been very windy here, cloudy and warm and humid.  I think it was left from the tropical storm the early part of the week.  But now there has been a cold front that's come through and it's cool, dry, and sunny.


Clearwater Beach Waves

Earlier this week we went to Fort DeSoto Park at the southern end of St. Petersburg.  It is a huge natural  area with camping and hiking facilities as well as several beaches.

We walked out on the north beach for a while but it was way to windy to stay out for too long.  It was low tide so there were lots of birds on the shore for the food that was there.  I called this guy the Long-Billed-I'll-Get-You-Little-Fish Bird.  Not as elegant as the real name but I'm not a water bird expert.




North Beach, Fort DeSoto

On our way home we stopped at Manos, a little Greek bakery in Clearwater.  They have the most delicious filo pastry pies.  We shared a spinach cheese pie and a custard pie.  It makes my mouth water just writing about them.  We'll be back at least once before we leave.

We're cleaning and stocking up for our visitors coming on Saturday.  Tim, Jess and the girls will arrive then for a a week.  We can't wait to see them.

More later, I have to go make beds.

No comments:

Post a Comment