Thursday, October 5, 2023

Are We There Yet?

Yes! we are cozily settled in our hotel in Prescott.  Wow! That was brutal. Between my not being able to move around very well and John’s back and hips we made a great spectacle checking in and out of hotels the past two nights. But we’re here now so we are going to relax for a few days.

I finally found some of the scenery in The Land of Enchantment.  It started as soon as we left Tucumcari this morning. Black eyed Susan’s lined the road and we started to see cactus.  Unfortunately I don’t take very good photos from the moving vehicle anymore and my cellphone battery died. I’ll put some pictures in that I found on the internet. 

 Then we went through the Carizozo Lava Field. I remember seeing it before and wondering why I never knew there was a volcano in New Mexico. 

               


I guess the last eruption was a little before my time. It occurred in about3500 bce.

We drove along and on Historic Route 66 for a while. 

                        

 

But the best scenery was when we got to Arizona especially outside of Flagstaff heading toward Phoenix. I’m sorry but I don’t have a picture of it to share with you. We’ll be here for a few days and I’m sure there’ll be more to photograph. And I’ll make darned sure i 2have my phone fully charged!



No comments:

Post a Comment