Saturday, April 27, 2013

Yoho!!

We spent Thursday night at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.  This is a photo of the hotel that I found online.  If I had taken this picture there would still be snow on the mountains and the lake would be frozen, and I didn't get to a spot that would give me this view. The second picture I did take as we were leaving.





Dinner Thursday night was at the Walliser Stube at the hotel.  It was fondue and we absolutely loved it. And they had a fantastic spaetzele skillet dish as an appetizer that I will dream about for a long time.

We were picked up at the hotel for the next part of our tour through Yoho National Park.  Driving through the Canadian Rockies is so breathtaking I can't say it often enough.  I have many, many more pictures, I just can't post them all here.



Yoho is a First Nation (same as our Native American term) word that translates as "Oh Wow!"  The name is very fitting as you can see from these pictures of the Natural Bridge area.






We continued our drive to Banff National Park and Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.  This place is like a castle!      Everywhere we turn there is another sitting area or beautiful lounge.  I feel like a queen here.  Again, this photo was taken from the internet.  I did take the indoor picture, though.





Today we have a free day with no driving or tours.  We are just enjoying the hotel and all of the experiences here.  It's almost like being on a cruise ship, and just as hard to find your way around.

More tomorrow, if I don't get lost!

No comments:

Post a Comment