Tuesday, April 23, 2013

In The Company of Royalty

Sorry I didn't post yesterday but I didn't have internet access.  Well, not really didn't have access, just didn't want to pay $14 for one day access.  Why is it that Holiday Inn Express and almost any coffee house you find will give you free wireless internet access but a $300 per night room charges $14 for the privilege?  It's a mystery to me.

Yesterday we drove from Seattle to Vancouver.  We checked in to the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel.  I knew right then this was the pampered vacation I was hoping for.  Everyone was so helpful and friendly.  I couldn't have asked for more.  Late in the afternoon we went to the airport and picked up our friends Jan and Linus.  We had a wonderful dinner at Herons Restaurant in the hotel.

This morning we boarded the Rocky Mountaineer train in Vancouver and set off east through the Coastal and Cascade Mountains to Kamloops, British Columbia.  What wonderful and helpful people work for this company!  There isn't a thing you need that they don't provide or service they don't offer.  I cannot pay them enough compliments.  When we got to the train station when we entered we were welcomed by all of the staff lined up  on either side of us.  I felt like the Queen.  Little did I know that a few minutes later the Queen and Duchess Kate (impersonators) came in through the same line.  The Queen herself gave the All Aboard call.

The railroad trip was very relaxing and the meals were superb.  It's very much like taking a cruise on a train, but even better.  And the scenery is fantastic!

I have some beautiful photos but don't have time to post them tonight.  I will try to get them to you as soon as I can.

We are off for the Canadian Rockies tomorrow.  More then, if I have internet access.

No comments:

Post a Comment