Saturday, April 20, 2013

Like Al Roker

This morning we left Missoula, Montana and continued our trip west.  We drove up into the mountains again and encountered rain.  That sure put a damper on my photography for a while.  This is the view from the passenger seat.



We did get a reprieve and enjoyed the mountains with the soft wispy clouds sliding through the evergreens while Toby Keith sang "I Love This Bar" on the radio.  Okay, I confess, I like country music.  Never could get into rap.  Is there a lyric in there somewhere?

Our route took us all the way across Montana and into Idaho.  Couer d'Alene is really nice, and I'm sure would have been much more beautiful if the sun had been shining.

We skipped across the panhandle of Idaho right into Washington.  Everything here is so green! I finally feel like it's actually Spring.  When we left home everything was still brown and dull after the never ending winter.       It's so nice to see wildflowers in bloom and the trees budding.

On the last part of our drive today we went through the mountains, part of the Cascade Range, I think. I would have taken more MVP pictures, but I was driving.  As good as I am, I can't take pictures and drive.

All of a sudden, I drove around a curve and we found ourselves overlooking Columbia Gorge.  Wow!  It is really breathtaking.  And WINDY!!  I got out of the car to take these photos.  I was pretty sure that was what Al Roker feels like covering a hurricane.  I'm surprised any of the pictures turned out because I was doing everything I could to stay standing.  It even smelled pretty.  Not sure if it was the wildflowers, or the perfume blown in from some woman standing on the Space Needle.  I'll believe it was the flowers.



So, we made it to Seattle, or specifically, Issaquah, just to the east of the city.  I really do enjoy this part of the country.  Tomorrow is a "day off" for us, we don't need to be in Vancouver until Monday, so I am hoping to do some sightseeing here.

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment