Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Land of Drinking Birds

Tonight we are in Ardmore, Oklahoma.  We're only about 30 miles from Texas and we're planning on getting to Dallas-Fort Worth and visit relatives tomorrow.
The drive today took us through Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma.  Not a bad drive, blue sky and bright sunshine, temp about 65.
Not much to see since we opted to pass up The National Wrestling Museum, the site of the Super Hero Fest and the Toy and Action Figure Museum.  I was really disappointed to miss the wrestling museum.
There was some interesting scenery, though.  Oils wells are everywhere, even in between industrial businesses along the interstate.  I mean like in the parking lot!
Now I don't know about anyone else but I think oil wells look like those drinking bird toys.


                                                    Drinking Bird



                                                          Oil Well

 Maybe it's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment