Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Oh Nuts!

We've made it to Flagstaff, Arizona.  I had forgotten how much I love the southwest.  I love the buttes and mesas, the red rock, the colors of mountains, the canyons, all of it.
We started out today at White Sands National Monument outside of Alamagordo, New Mexico.  What a spectacular site.  275 square miles of white gypsum sand.


The sand dunes are much higher than they appear in this photo. The white that is visible is actually snow.
Next we headed north to Pistachioland.  We stopped at a pistachio farm and bought some nuts.  How could we not when we were at the home of the world's largest pistachio?


On our drive through New Mexico we also passed the lava fields.


I still have a hard time imagining a volcano in New Mexico.  But then, I know nothing about geology.

No comments:

Post a Comment